Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bikini Body Time

Well, it's not secret to any of you all that I've been dieting since the first of the year. Though I am 10 pounds lighter than I was then... it's still not enough. Now, with our Florida Vaca right around the corner, along with my best friend's wedding, and let's not forget summer... It's time to get down to some SERIOUS business! 

I would very much like that body back that I had in Highschool. I was thinking today about those days and how funny it is that I was trying so hard to be thinner back then, and now... I'd kill to have that body back. So, what am I doing about this? I'm going on a strict Fruit & Veggie diet! Trust me, I know it's going to be hard... because I'm a carb-loving girl. I love my breads, cheeses, and caffeine. However, I am aware that in order to get results, some of the things that I love most are going to have to go. I spent an hour or so tonight cutting up some fresh fruit and veggies. I also whipped up some green beans to have on hand for the rest of the week. Now, my fridge is stocked with some green beans, fresh strawberries, grapes, grapefruit, apples, and broccoli. I'm limiting myself to one coffee a day and then it's water, water, water! I am also going to start running/walking everyday. And... to get myself a little more motivated, I'm going to tan. Why? Because tanning will get me more motivated to lose weight. I know, it sounds crazy, but it's a self-motivation for me! I have no doubt that it's going to be tough, but I'm determined to get into a bikini in Florida! 

Some pictures for motivation... 





I want to have that cute body back. I want to be a fun, energetic mother for Gabe. And most of all, I want some self-confidence back. So, to add to my motivation I am hanging up one of my bikinis in our bedroom... for a constant reminder of what I am working towards! I'm soooo ready for summer. The beach, pool, tanning.... ahhhh, it just doesn't get better than that. I hate to admit, but I didn't make it out to the pool or beach one time last summer. With Gabe being in the hospital, tanning by the pool just wasn't a priority. However, this year, my favorite little boy will get to enjoy the summer with me! :) 

I want to share a recipe that I found on Pinterest. It's a sweet twist to a healthy snack. They're called... "Sour Patch Grapes." I made these the other night, put them in a Pyrex bowl, and popped them in the fridge so they're always on hand. Jesse even liked them too... I'm positive these are a new staple food in our home now. So, here's what you do: 

Rinse your grapes off really well and make sure they're still a bit wet. 
Then, roll them in your choice of Jello powder! 
And, VOILA! You now have Sour Patch Grapes. 

I used green grapes and rolled them in Strawberry Jello. So delicious... and it's a nice twist to a healthy snack! I hope you get the chance to try these... I'm sure you'll be hooked the first time you try them! :) 


Alright, that's about all for tonight. I'm going to clean the house up and then head to bed. Have a good one folks! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...Let me know what's on your mind! :)