Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Fajitas

Today, I want to share a new recipe that I tried with you all. I don't know the official name of it...but I like to call them "Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Fajitas!" 


Here's what you will need: 


2-3 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
12-14 oz. jar of salsa (I used mild 
1 Green pepper
1 Onion (I used a red onion)
1 package of monterey jack shredded cheese
1 package of cheddar cheese
8 tortillas (Get the size that will fit your crockpot. Mine were too big, so I cut them smaller with a pizza cutter) 
Garlic powder
Salt & Pepper






Now...Let's get to cooking!! 


First, you need to cook your chicken breasts. I let mine thaw, and then seasoned them with some garlic powder, salt, & pepper. I popped them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes. Just keep checking until they're cooked all the way. 


Once the chicken is cooked, take it out and let it cool. Then you need to shred it! :) 






Next, dice your onion and pepper. Then put them in a bowl and mix them together. This will make it easier when you're putting everything in the crockpot. 



Now, it's time to start layering everything in your crockpot! Start with a tortilla, add some chicken, peppers & onions, cheese, and a few spoonfulls of salsa. Keep doing this until you have used all 8 tortillas. Once you're done, top it off with some cheese and peppers and onions. 

I also added some salsa around the sides as well! 



Let it cook for 4-5 hours on Low or 6-8 hours on high! 

And that's it! So easy! So delicious! 



Quick tips: 

**Layer your crockpot with 3 strips of aluminum foil. This will make it easier to take the fajitas out and serve them. Just tear strips of foil, fold in half, and lay in crockpot. Layer each strip over each other. 

**Serve this dish with rice. I served it with Black Beans and Rice, however, spanish rice is also a favorite in my house! :) 

Well, that's it. This meal was sooo delicious! I've been looking for different meals to fix because Jesse says that we always have pasta and pizza.... so something new and different was fun! And...He liked it just as much as I did!! Happy Cooking!! :) 






1 comment:

  1. Dang, I just put dinner in the crock but this sounds fabulous I'm definitely pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...Let me know what's on your mind! :)