Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bacon wrapped potato skins

I realized that I haven't posted a recipe on here in quite some time. So tonight, I want to share a new recipe that I tried recently. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray... I LOVE her! Her show always makes me want to cook some good food! :) 

Anyways, the other night I made us a steak and potato dinner. Nothing special about the steak...but the potatoes are what I want to share with you all. They're bacon wrapped potato skins...yummm!!! so delicous!! I mean, anything with bacon is good, right!? 

So, here's the recipe from Rachael Ray's site. 



Ingredients

  • 2 large baking potatoes
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
  • Kosher salt and pepper
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup super-sharp white cheddar
  • 8 slices bacon

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rub potatoes with a little oil and season skins with salt and pepper. Roast about 40 minutes until just tender when poked with tines of a fork. Remove potatoes and cool.
When potatoes have cooled enough to handle, halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh, season with salt and pepper, and mash with sour cream, butter, cheese, horseradish and chives. Fill potato skins with mashed potatoes and wrap each potato entirely in bacon, overlapping slices a little as you wrap around the skins. Arrange on baking rack over baking sheet and roast until bacon crispy, 15-20 minutes.

Ok, so I made some slight variations. I didn't use sour cream in my potato mixture and I also used some fresh shredded sharp cheddar cheese instead of the white cheddar. I also added some fresh minced garlic! However, they still turned out totally delicious. I do suggest cooking them on a baking rack.. Unfortunately, I don't have one...but I do think the bacon would have cooked more evenly if I did! :)

Speaking of Rachael Ray... I am absolutely obsessed with all of her cookware! I've decided that when we move and get a nicer house, one of my first steps is going to be swapping out all of my current baking pans, dish pans, cooking utensils, etc... for all Rachael Ray things! I also have a slight obsession with her EVOO bottle that she uses on the show to pour it! I am for SURE getting one of those soon! Here's a few pics of the items on my wish list! 





Happy Cooking Friends...Have a Great week! :) 






2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Your blog is so nice. Lots of work put into it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made these half patatoe skins before i found your blog haha... i did patatoe cut in half hollowed out... put cheese green onion and tamatoes in it and little more cheese on top and then wrapped entire thing in 3 bacon strips thick ones....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...Let me know what's on your mind! :)